Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Yankees Win!!!!!!

Okay, so according to many people I know, since I hail from Queens, NY and grew up less than 20 minutes away from Shea Stadium I'm supposed to be a Mets fan by default. But I've loved the Yankees since the days of Bucky Dent! I was barely a toddler back then, but I used to stand there at Yankee Stadium screaming "Bucky! Bucky!" when my parents took me to the games. My mother is a die hard Mets fan. My husband is a die hard Mets fan. My best friend is a die hard Mets fan. Clearly they are misguided. But to each his own, I respect their choice, blah, blah, blah.... To be truthful, I haven't followed the Yanks like I used to before I had kids. I rarely catch a game anymore, resorting to reading about them on Yahoo Sports instead. So I'm not the die-hard love them without fail fan I once was, but it still warms my heart to know they can still come out on top! Last night the Yankees won their 27th World Series title. 27 World Series wins people!!!! They have won the most World Series than any other team! 105 World Series have been played and they have won 27 of them....the St. Louis Cardinals come in 2nd with 10 World Series wins. They may be ridiculously over-paid (even I think so!), they may be cocky, and they have had their fair share of controversy, but they've got talent. Mets fans and Phillies fan alike will try to dispute that fact (cause it sucks to lose, I get it) but I didn't see a $100 bill up there at home plate hitting home runs. Although they've had plenty of seasons where they have sucked and fell short of expectations, there is a reason why the Yankees have been so successful overall...talent. It's that simple. The Yankees organization have just had a knack of putting the right guys together that compliment their individual talents to bring home the wins. There are many many talented players in baseball and many of them never have, nor will they ever wear the sacred pinstripe uniform of a NY Yankee, but the men who DO wear the uniform were put there to compliment their team and uphold the Yankee tradition. The 2009 Yankees did that last night. In my humble opinion, which I realize differs from many out there (the ones who didn't win a World Series last night, lol), they have the right to be cocky....they ARE the NY Yankees. And damn are they good!!! So I am happy today. I'm in an Empire State of Mind. ;o)

3 comments:

  1. I don't follow baseball...but I love that you've been a loyal fan all your life!!

    Yay Yankees for taking coming out on top once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am married to a yankees fan so that kinda makes me one. Plus I think baseball players are hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU Kimmy Wix! We can be World Champion winners together! haha
    P.S. Bucky Dent!!

    ReplyDelete